- The First StepTOWARDS RECOVERY
- The Second StepTOWARDS ADMISSION
- Our ProgramJESUS IS THE ANSWER
- Our ResultsSTORIES AND TESTIMONIES
First Step Towards Recovery
For He looked down from His holy height; from heaven the Lord gazed upon the earth, to hear the groaning of the prisoner; to set free those who were doomed to death. Psalm 102:19-20
People lacking the fear of God find their life in a cycle of serving selfish desires, making wrong choices, and not having peace of mind and heart. Heartland Recovery Programs seek to introduce the concepts of Christian living and personal responsibility, helping men and women who are bound with life-controlling addictions, attitudes, and behavior.read more
The Second Step
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The Recovery Program is a voluntary one. Applications will be accepted only from people who are committed to a life change and who desire a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The age qualification for either program is 18 years and older.
MEN’S PROGRAM ADMISSION PROCESS:
- Download the application and handbook from the website.
- Read the entire handbook.
- Fill out the application form and fax it to the Admissions office.
- Allow 3 days for processing, then call to schedule a phone interview.
- If you are determined eligible, you will be directed regarding medical testing.
- When you get your test results and physical exam done, fax them to the Admissions office for evaluation and approval.
WOMEN’S PROGRAM ADMISSION PROCESS
- Call the Women’s Home at 660-284-6360 to request a handbook be mailed. Or, click here to read the handbook online.
- Ladies interested must call the Women’s Home to fill out application over the phone. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- If the pre-program criteria is met, a copy of the applicant’s state-issued photo I.D. and social security card, along with the following medical tests will be required: a. HIV b. STD’s c. TB d. Hepatitis A e. Hepatitis B f. Pap Smear g. Pregnancy
- Any outstanding legal matters must be taken care of and if applicable, court papers faxed to the Women’s Home stating matters have been resolved prior to acceptance. If placed on probation/parole, Heartland must receive contact from the assigned probation/parole officer prior to acceptance, along with documentation regarding probation/parole stipulations.
- Ladies who have started intake process must call at least once a week to check in with the Women’s Home.
- Once we have received all the required documents via fax, we will schedule a final phone interview to discuss an entry date. Ladies interested are responsible to make the necessary phone calls to complete the intake process. We do not make phone calls out.
Heartland introduces the concepts of Christian living and personal responsibility. The Christian life is not abstract theology unconnected with life, but has practical implications, which will affect how we choose to behave each day. It is not enough merely to know the gospel, we must let it transform our lives and let God impact every aspect of our lives.
Heartland Men’s Recovery Program – Men who enroll in the 18-month program find themselves in an environment far removed from the temptations of the world, combined with the disciplines of hard work and a focus on Jesus Christ. The primary criteria for participating in the program is a willingness and desire to change.
Heartland Women’s Recovery Program – Ladies live in a home-like environment while focusing completely on their relationship with Jesus Christ. At the same time, they are trained in areas such as vocation, work ethic, child-rearing, and financial stewardship.